A detailed definition is given by Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) and Public Library of Science (PLoS).
What does BOAI stand for?
BOAI stands for Budapest Open Access Initiative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BOAI
We have 1 other meaning of BOAI in our Acronym Attic
- Birds of a Feather Flock Together
- Bradford on Avon Film Society (UK)
- Bernese Oberland Railways AG
- Betonpumpen Oberland / Aaretal AG
- British Overseas Aid Group
- Building Officials' Association of Georgia
- Business Owners Advisory Group (Northbrook, IL)
- Board of Animal Health (Indiana, USA)
- Bringing Our Ancestors Home (Repatriation of Nisga’a Artifacts; Nisga'a Tribal Council)
- Balloon-Occluded Arterial Infusion
- Board of Architecture and Interior Design (Florida; licensing agency)
- Butt Of All Jokes
- Bend Over Knd Kiss Your Ass Goodbye
- Basic Organization of Associated Labor (Yugoslavia, socialism)
- Building Officials Association of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Board on Aging and Long Term Care (Wisconsin)
- Bible Open Air Mission
- Bulletin Officiel des Annonces des Marchés Publics (French: Official Bulletin of Publication of Public Procurement Notices; France)
- Banc of America Mortgage Securities, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Bureau of Agriculture and Natural Resources (Tigray, Ethiopia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Budapest Open Access Initiative declaration, drafted in 2002 by a group of publishers and other members of the research community, noted that open access to published scientific research had the potential to be an "unprecedented public good," analogous to other open resources such as the human genome sequence and the global positioning system.
The Budapest Open Access Initiative arose from a meeting convened in Budapest by the Open Society Institute (OSI) in 2001.