On 21 June, one hatchling was in the nest, but it was a brown-headed cowbird (Molothrus ater).
What does BHCO stand for?
BHCO stands for Brown-Headed Cowbird (bird species Molothrus ater)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BHCO
We have 3 other meanings of BHCO in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau of Health Care Information
- Belmont Heights Civic Improvement Association (Belmont, CA)
- British Human-Computer Interaction Group (UK)
- Black Hawk Center for Independent Living (Waterloo, IA)
- Bank of Hindustan, China, and Japan
- Beds, Herts and Cambs Land Rover Club (UK club for 4x4 enthusiasts)
- Big Horn County Museum (Hardin, MT)
- Belridge Heavy Crude Oil
- Bombay High Crude Oil
- Brandon Hill Chamber Orchestra (UK)
- Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza (mall; Los Angeles, CA)
- Basset Hound Club of Portland (Portland, OR)
- Behavioral HealthCare Program (Portland, ME)
- Biosynthetic Human C-Peptide (insulin research)
- Bottom Hole Circulating Pressure
- Busy Hour Call Attempts (telecommunications)
- Bank Holding Company Performance Report
- Biohealth Capital Region (industry cluster)
- Black Hills Central Railroad (South Dakota)
- Black Hills Central Reservations (South Dakota)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The North American brown-headed cowbird, which is not a cuckoo but a member of the blackbird family, and the common cuckoo mentioned earlier are probably the world's most successful and well-known brood parasites.
The brown-headed cowbirds of North America outsource nest building and chick raising.
The greatest threat, nest parasitism by brown-headed cowbirds (Molothrus ater), was neutralized by aggressive trapping.
Sonny was a fledgling brown-headed cowbird, (Molothrus ater) ugly and noisy, there was no mistaking that.