This fall, the College of Human Ecology will open the Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research (BCTR), an initiative that will merge two longstanding successful college centers: the Family Life Development Center and the Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center.
What does BLCC stand for?
BLCC stands for Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BLCC
We have 34 other meanings of BLCC in our Acronym Attic
- Black Labrador Community Arts (Manchester, England, UK)
- Bilinear Combination of Atomic Orbitals
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company (est. 1879; Chicago, IL)
- Baseline Life Cycle Cost
- Bathurst Light Car Club (est. 1953; Australia)
- Black Lake Computer Club
- Black Lotus Communications Corporation
- Blue Lake Community Church (Holton, MI)
- Boundary and Leadership Change Committee
- British Legalise Cannabis Campaigns
- Bunyad Literacy Community Council
- Bridge Life-Cycle Cost Analysis
- Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Bear Lake County District Library (Montpelier, ID)
- Baseline Calibration Equipment
- Bega Littleton Citizens' Exchange (various locations)
- Big Lake Community Education (Big Lake, MN)
- Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement (Pennsylvania State Police)
- Bandon Lions Charitable Foundation (Bandon, OR)
- Bic Library Communications Framework (library management protocol; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The College of Human Ecology, the Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center, and the Cornell Institute for Translational Research on Aging co-sponsored the conference.
Elaine Wethington, associate professor of human development and sociology, and Rhoda Meador, the College's associate director of outreach and extension and assistant director of the Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center (BLCC), presented models for translational research and led a wide-ranging discussion about the differences between applied and translational research, how to engage with community partners on projects, and funding for collaborative research.
Looking Ahead Following the Ecology of Obesity conference, the college's Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center provided funding to create a working group to foster cross-disciplinary and interdepartmental collaboration on obesity research.
The life course perspective brings together psychology, sociology, and human development to examine individuals' and groups' periods of stability and periodic changes in beliefs and behaviors over their life spans and over time, according to Elaine Wethington, an associate professor of human development and sociology, and a faculty member of the Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center in the College of Human Ecology.
Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center The Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center (BLCC) focuses on research that is conducted within the life course perspective.
Department of Agriculture Hatch Grant and launched with an Innovative Research Grant from Cornell's Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center.
The institute is part of Cornell University's Bronfenbrenner Life Course Center and one of four nationwide Edward R.