s] , 20 mg of total sperm protein and medium (sperm cultured medium) were mixed with 2 [micro]l/10 [micro]l FOZ loading buffer (5% bromophenol blue, 10% SDS, 2% glycerol) and reacted on ice for 5 min.
What does BPB stand for?
BPB stands for Bromophenol Blue (chemistry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPB
We have 68 other meanings of BPB in our Acronym Attic
- Best Practice Board (eXtensible Business Reporting Language)
- Bettendorf Park Band (Bettendorf, IA)
- Better Public Buildings (UK initiative)
- BIOS Parameter Block
- Blues Power Band
- Bone Palace Ballet (Chiodos album)
- Bonnes Pratiques Biomédicales (French: Good Biomedical Practices)
- Boston Print Buyers (Boston, MA)
- Brighton Photo Biennial (photography festival; UK)
- British Plaster Board
- Buka Puasa Bersama (Indonesian: Fasting Together)
- Bundeszentrale für Politische Bildung (Federal Agency for Civic Education, Bonn, Germany)
- Business Podium Boards (Germany)
- Banque Populaire Bretagne Atlantique (French: Britain Atlantic Popular Bank)
- Belin Promotion Bordeaux Atlantique (French real estate company)
- Bellarine Peninsula Basketball Association (Australia)
- Bons Plans et Bonnes Adresses (French: Great Ideas and Hot Spots)
- Beach Party Band Battle
- Beijing Pharma and Biotech Center (est. 1996; health research; China)
- Blackshear Place Baptist Church (Georgia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7% agarose gel stained with ethidium bromide (10mg/mL) by loading 12 [micro]l of DNA preparation (2[micro]l extracted DNA, 2[micro]l gel loading buffer containing 25% bromophenol blue and 30% glycerol, 8[micro]l sterilized deionized water).
8), glycerol and bromophenol blue at a ratio of 2:1 was added to the samples followed by 3 min boiling.
Congo red has been used in colorimetric determinations of chitosan and poly (N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) while bromophenol blue has been used in colorimetric assays for antimalarial drugs (4-6).
2DE AND IMMUNOBLOTTING Ethanol precipitates were resuspended in isoelectro-focusing medium containing 8 mol/L urea, 20 g/L CHAPS, 20 mL/L Triton X-100, 8 g/L Pharmalyte 3-10 (Amersham Biosciences), 100 mmol/L dithiothreitol, 2 mL/L Tergitol NP7 (Sigma), and traces of bromophenol blue (26).
Sections (5 [micro]m) were cut using a Microm HM 340 microtome and stained with Hematoxylin and Eosin for structural examination or with Mercuric Bromophenol Blue to elucidate the location of proteins (Chapman 1975).
The gels ran until the bromophenol blue dye passed out from the bottom of the gel.
Materials and methods Reagents and animals Bovine serum albumin (BSA), bromophenol blue, 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), eosin, glycerol, hematoxylin, hex-adecyltrimethylammonium bromide (HTAB), 2-mercaptoethanol, naphthylenediamide dihydrochloride, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH), oxidized glutathione, phosphoric acid, reduced glutathione, sodium acetate, sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS), sodium nitrite, sulfanilamide, 3,3',5,5'-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB), triethanolamine, Tris-HCI, Tween 20, and 2-vinylpyridine were purchased from Sigma Chemical (St.