The list is based on access to broadband exchanges and also highlights the eight areas to benefit from upgrades later this year.
What does BEX stand for?
BEX stands for Broadband Exchange
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of BEX
We have 9 other meanings of BEX in our Acronym Attic
- Biological Early Warning System
- Blast Environment Wave Simulator (NASA)
- Battlefield Environment Weapon System Simulation
- Battle Force Electronic Warfare Trainer
- Bahamas Electrical Workers Union
- Backup Exec (Veritas)
- Backup Express (Syncsort)
- Banco Exterior de España (Spanish: Exterior Bank of Spain; trade finance bank)
- Board of Examiners
- Boston Equity Exchange (Boston, MA)
- Broadside Exchange
- Buckeye Express (high-speed Internet service; Buckeye Cablevision, Inc.; Ohio and Michigan)
- Budget Execution (NOAA division)
- Buffer Overflow Exception
- Build Execution
- Building Exchange (European conference)
- Bureau de l'Exécution des Peines (French: Office for the Execution of Sentences)
- Bureau Extrusion (French: Extrusion Office)
- Business Explorer
- Business Express
Samples in periodicals archive:
BROADBRAND Britain' is a step closer for thousands of local businesses, as TalkTalk Business announces it has introduced 26 new super-fast broadband exchanges across Coventry in the last 12 months alone.
BT is offering to upgrade the five broadband exchanges around the country which receive the most votes in an online poll.
Midband" was hailed as a "ground-breaking" way to repackage the old BT 128k network, ISDN, and bring a version of "always on" internet to the 32 per cent of country too far from a broadband exchange to enjoy the wonders of high-speed surfing.
You have to live near an existing broadband exchange to get the service.
Nine out of ten people are now connected up to a broadband exchange and we've announced plans to get us to near universal coverage by next summer -well ahead of earlier predictions.