Rather than resituate these uncanny part-objects in a domestic framework, Prina has installed them on the third floor of LACMA'S airy Broad Contemporary Art Museum according to both the coordinates of a modernist grid and an alphabetic typology (by room, Bathroom before Bedroom), adding a further element of institutionalization.
What does BCAM stand for?
BCAM stands for Broad Contemporary Art Museum
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BCAM
We have 23 other meanings of BCAM in our Acronym Attic
- British Columbia Assets and Land (Corporation)
- Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing (Michigan Department of Human Services)
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association
- British Columbia Assets and Land Corporation (now Partnerships British Columbia; Canada)
- Birkbeck College Applied Linguistics Society (University of London; UK)
- Bay County Association of Legal Support Professionals (Michigan)
- B-Cell Adhesion Molecule
- Bank Cost Analysis Model
- Basic Communication Access Method
- Boston Company Asset Management, LLC
- Business Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- BC (British Columbia) Chapter of the American Marketing Association (Canada)
- British Columbia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Canada)
- British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- BC (British Columbia) Association of Magazine Publishers (Canada)
- British Columbia Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (Canada)
- Broward County Association of Media Specialists (est. 1959; Florida)
- Business Coaching and Mentoring Services Ltd. (UK)
- British Columbia Association of Mathematics Teachers
- British Columbia Aboriginal Mine Training Association (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is currently a trustee of The Museum of Modern Art in New York and life trustee of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, where the Broads gave a $60 million gift to build the Renzo Piano-designed Broad Contemporary Art Museum, which opened in February 2008, and to fund an art acquisitions budget.
Californian museums have never appeared so active: the refinanced MOCA, the proposed expansion of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) and the opening of the Broad Contemporary Art Museum (BCAM) at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), combined with the region's existing historic institutions, make it one of the most important art centres in America.
The main entrance to the new Broad Contemporary Art Museum in Los Angeles is located on the third floor and leads into a naturally lit gallery of modern art by heavies like Jeff Koons (above), Roy Lichtenstein, and Cy Twombly as well as queer artists Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, and Jasper Johns.
These clearances will provide space for the Broad Contemporary Art Museum (BCAM) and a glass entrance pavilion.
Located directly across the street from LACMA and the new Broad Contemporary Art Museum, the tower can be seen from any direction in Los Angeles, and has totally unobstructed, 360 degree views of the city.
He is currently a trustee of The Museum of Modern Art in New York and life trustee of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, where the Broads made a $60 million gift to build the Renzo Piano-designed Broad Contemporary Art Museum, which opened in February 2008, and to fund an art acquisition budget.
The building achieves a measured austerity and self-effacing luminosity that resolutely avoids the sensationalist, gaudy luxury that has turned some museums into veritable emporiums of suspect taste (think of the Broad Contemporary Art Museum at LACMA).