In 1987, scientists at British Telecom Research Laboratories in Ipswich found they could generate the effect by letting visible laser light emerging from the end of an optical fiber strike a light-absorbing material, such as a paint fleck or piece of cardboard.
What does BTRL stand for?
BTRL stands for British Telecom Research Laboratories
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of BTRL in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau of Transport and Regional Economics (formerly Bureau of Transport Economics; Australia)
- Biotechnological Research Journal
- Borehole Test Requirements Form
- Borneo Tropical Rainforest Foundation
- B Tree File System (computing; Linux)
- Brain Tumor Research Group (Weill Cornell Medical College; New York)
- Blitzkrieg Team Russian Hammers (video game)
- Bangladesh Tea Research Institute (Chittagong, Bangladesh)
- Brown Tide Research Initiative (New York)
- Business Technology Resources, Inc. (Swansea, MA)
- Ballistic Transport and Reaction Model
- Basic Translations Maintenance
- Battery Thermal Runaway Management
- Binary Transformation Model
- Blaster the Rocket Man (underground Christian punk band)
- Bursa Transporturilor Rutiere de Marfuri (Romanian freight shipping exchange)
- Business Term
- Burma Thailand Railway Memorial Association Inc.
- Boston Terrier Rescue Network
- Boston Terrier Rescue of North Carolina