He said: "It was shocking to learn that many deaf adults and families with deaf children who use British Sign Language still encounter communication barriers at school, in hospitals, GP surgeries, shops and at work.
What does BSL stand for?
BSL stands for British Sign Language
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSL
We have 185 other meanings of BSL in our Acronym Attic
- Blue Starlight (comic)
- Boost Software License (open source license)
- Bootstrap Loader (microprocessors)
- Bordeaux Saint Louis (French employment agency)
- Boundary Scan Logic (semiconductors)
- Boyne Smelters Limited (QLD, Australia)
- Bra Strap Length (hair length)
- Breed Specific Legislation (dog breeds)
- Bretagne Services Logistiques (French: Brittany Logistical Services; Brittany, France)
- Bright Solutions Logistics (Saudi Arabia)
- Broad Street Line (Philadelphia subway)
- Broadway Show League
- Brookdale Senior Living (Brentwood, TN)
- Building Setback Lines
- Building Standards Law (various locations)
- Bureau de la Sécurité des Laboratoires (French: Security Bureau of Laboratories; Canada)
- Business Section Layer
- Business Services Ltd. (various locations)
- Business Standard Ltd. (India)
- Business Strategies Limited (Trinidad)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are an estimated ten million deaf people in the UK and British Sign Language is the first language of an estimated 100,000 of those people; its grammar is completely different from English.
Gaye Hampton, above, who teaches British Sign Language (BSL) qualifications at Sign Language Studies Centre in South Wales, has been named Wales Teacher of the Year at the 2012 Signature Annual Awards.
Gateshead-based interpreter Caroline Ryan will be translating in three British Sign Language performances for deaf and for those who are hard of hearing.
The service held by Rev Dr Hannah Lewis, on April 25, will be performed in British Sign Language (BSL) with a voiceover for those who do not know BSL.
The DaDaSings Choir will be directed by choir master Saphena Aziz, of Sense of Sound, with British Sign Language users choreographed by Caroline Parker, who will be creating a new performance piece for the awards which take place on Thursday, December 3, at Hilton Liverpool.
Tayla Reynolds completed the Level 1 British Sign Language tests - so she could tell her hard-ofhearing mum "I love you".