And writing as Iain M Banks, his 12 science fiction novels have won him two British Science Fiction Association awards.
What does BSFA stand for?
BSFA stands for British Science Fiction Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BSFA
We have 19 other meanings of BSFA in our Acronym Attic
- But, Seriously Folks
- United States-Israel Bi-National Science Foundation (Jerusalem, Israel)
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor 1
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor-2
- B-Cell Stimulatory Factor 1
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor 2
- Baltimore School for the Arts (Maryland)
- Belgian Speed & Funboard Association
- Bellsouth FastAccess (DSL service)
- Bering Sea Fisherman's Association
- Bureau of Student Financial Assistance (various locations)
- Bihar State Financial Corporation (est. 1954; India)
- Bishops Stortford Football Club (UK)
- Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (amount of fuel consumed by an engine divided by its power output)
- British Sock Fetish Council (foot apparel; UK)
- Burden Scale for Family Caregivers (mental health)
- Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Bellevue Santa Fe Charter School (San Luis Obispo, CA)
- Ball State Federal Credit Union (Muncie, IN)
- Blue Sky Film Distribution
Samples in periodicals archive:
The title has also won the British Science Fiction Association prize for best novel and is shortlisted for the US science fiction and fantasy awards, the Nebulas.
He has degrees in mathematics, engineering and business and is vice-president of the British Science Fiction Association and the HG Wells Society.
The husband and wife team, who live just off Four Pounds Avenue in Chapelfields, started writing five years ago for Vector, the magazine of the British Science Fiction Association.
Acclaimed in the United Kingdom--The Sky Road won the British Science Fiction Association Award--MacLeod's novels have only recently begun to appear in the U.
He went to conventions and was involved in the British Science Fiction Association and edited its magazine for two years.
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2010 M2 COMMUNICATIONS China Mieville has been awarded the British Science Fiction Association award for best novel, for his title The City and the City, at a ceremony which took place at the 61st Eastercon convention, Odyssey 2010 in London.
This year's judging panel was comprised of Paul Billinger, who was chair of the judges, as well as Niall Harrison and Claire Weaver for the British Science Fiction Association, Pauline Morgan for SF Crowsnest, and Pat Cadigan and Francis Spufford for the Science Fiction Foundation.