Today she will be one of 10,000 swimmers taking the plunge, in her case for the British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association (BLESMA).
What does BLESMA stand for?
BLESMA stands for British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Basic Local Exchange Service (Ohio)
- Batesburg-Leesville Elementary School (South Carolina)
- Blended Learning Environmental Science (project; EU)
- Boon Lott's Elephant Sanctuary (Thailand)
- Bovine Lipid Extract Surfactant
- Bowron Lake Enhancement Society (Canada)
- Breast Lesion Excision System
- Broadband Loop Emulation Service (DSLF)
- Buffer Layer Engineering in Semiconductors (ESPRIT Project 6854)
- Bureau of Labor and Employment Statistics (Philippines)
- Big Lake Environment Support Society (St. Albert, Alberta, Canada)
- Borrowing and Lending Securities Scheme (India)
- Business Licensing Electronic Support System (Malaysia)
- Bachelor of Leisure Studies
- Bears, Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization (professional football scouting combine)
- Basic Law Enforcement Training
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
- Basic Law Enforcement Training Program (Maine)
- Belgisch Luxemburgse Economische Unie (Dutch: Belgian-Luxembourg Economic Union; est. 1921)
- Belgo-Luxembourg Economic Union (aka Belgian-Luxembourg Economic Union)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association, chairman Jerome Church, who lost a leg below the knee in Northern Ireland, said: "At the very least the government should acknowledge that those who have given life or limb for their country should have their interests looked after properly by their country.
The British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association, a charity dedicated to helping soldiers maimed in war, says it already knows of at least 55 people who have lost arms or legs.
But Bill refused to mope around and instead of descending into a spiral of despair, he plunged himself into voluntary work with BLESMA, the British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association.
The Army Benevolent Fund, the British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association and Project Mobility 4X4 - a charity which converts disabled servicemen's cars will benefit.
The task, designed to help the team focus their minds while they undergo operations and lengthy bouts of rehabilitation, will raise cash for the British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association in June and July.
The British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association believes that the toll will already have reached at least 60.
THE British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association (BLESMA) celebrated its 75th anniversary this year.