The three men said they had been unaware of the vehicles carrying false mileage readings and expressed deep remorse for not carrying out any mileage checks with the British Independent Motor Trade Association (BIMTA).
What does BIMTA stand for?
BIMTA stands for British Independent Motor Trade Association (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of BIMTA in our Acronym Attic
- Butterflies In My Stomach
- Binary Input Memoryless Symmetric Channel
- Bundes-Immissions-Schutz-Gesetz (German: federal emissions control law)
- Bundesimmissionsschutzverordnung (German: federal immission control regulation)
- Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand-Economic Cooperation
- Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral, Technical and Economic Cooperation (formerly Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand Economic Cooperation; Thailand)
- BEA, IBM (International Business Machine Corporation), Microsoft and Tibco
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management (India)
- Brooklyn Institute of Massage Therapy (New York)
- Bulgarian Institute for Management and Technology
- Belgrade International Model United Nations
- Bonn International Model United Nations (Bonn, Germany)
- Bremen International Model United Nations (Bremen, Germany)
- Budapest International Model United Nations (Hungary)
- British Internet Music and Video Store
- Biblioteka Instytutu Medycyny Wsi (medical library; Poland)
- Brande International Music Workshop Orchestra
- Badan Intelijen Negara (State Intelligence Agency, Indonesia)
- Bank Identification Number
- Barcode Index Number (Barcode of Life Data System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE British Independent Motor Trade Association (Bimta) yesterday launched a new mileage check initiative to help deter the "clocking" of used car imports from Japan.
The British Independent Motor Trade Association has been in talks with the government about the test and is now awaiting a response to its proposals.