1979 | May 4, the Tories win with an overall majority of 43 and the nation has its first woman Prime Minister; | June 12, Geoffrey Howe's first budget cuts the standard tax rate by 3p, and raises VAT to 15%; | October 24, British exchange controls abolished; | November 29, Mrs Thatcher calls for a PS1,000 million cut in Britain's contribution to European Community; 1980 | January 24, Government outlines package of anti-Soviet measures as protest at invasion of Afghanistan; | July 15, Government announces plans to replace Polaris with Trident; | August 27, unemployment reaches two million; | October 15, Jim Callaghan resigns as Labour leader and Michael Foot becomes new leader.
What does BREX stand for?
BREX stands for British Exchange (AFROTC)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BREX
- Business Retention and Expansion Visitation (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Bridging Reality and Virtuality with a Graspable User Interface (EU project)
- Business Retention and Expansion Visitation Team (Tennessee)
- Boundary Range Expeditionary Vehicle Trials Ongoing
- Beagle Rescue, Education and Welfare
- Binary Run-time Environment for Wireless (Qualcomm)
- Bioinformatics Research and Education Workshop (computational molecular biology conference)
- Business Real Estate Weekly (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Business Resource Efficiency and Waste
- Battlefield Related Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Business Rules Exchange
- Babatunde Raji Fashola (state governor; Lagos, Nigeria)
- Band-Reject Filter
- Base Revision File
- Basic Risk Factor
- Belgischer Rundfunk (German: Belgian Broadcasting)
- Below Rig Floor (Drilling Industry)
- Benchmark Reporting Format
- Bendix Radio Foundation (Baltimore, MD)
- Besoin En Fonds de Roulement (French: Working Capital Requirements)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The British exchange said on Wednesday revenue rose 10% to 209.
99 British exchange student Anna (Felicity Jones) falls in love with design student Jacob (Anton Yelchin) during her time in Los Angeles.
British exchange student Anna (Felicity Jones) falls head over heels in love with talented design student Jacob (Anton Yelchin) during her time in Los Angeles.
Her work with Drake was so fruitful that he has created a role for her in another film, as a British exchange student who has an affair with the father of the American family she is staying with.
The 24-year-old American - whose conviction for the murder of British exchange student Meredith Kercher was overturned last month - was last night slammed as "insensitive" by the victim's father.
The 24-year-old American student, left, was originally jailed for 26 years for killing British exchange student Meredith, who was found seminaked and with her throat cut in a bedroom at the house she shared with Knox and two Italian women.
A takeover by the LSE would make sense for the exchange because it differs from most of its main rivals in not owning its main clearing house and would reposition the British exchange at a time when clearing is a focus for European regulators.