The new plans have been drawn up by beekeeping experts including representatives from Defra and the Welsh Government, the NBU, the British Beekeepers Association the Bee Farmers Association and the Welsh Beekeepers Association.
What does BBKA stand for?
BBKA stands for British Beekeepers Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBKA
- Bilateral Below Knee (amputation)
- Bilbao Bizkaia Kutxa (Bank of Bilbao, Spain)
- Birkbeck College (University of London; England, UK)
- Boy Better Know (band)
- Brauner-Briggs-Klar (wave function in atom-electron scattering)
- British Born Killers (gaming clan)
- Bundesamt für Bevölkerungsschutz und Katastrophenhilfe (German)
- Bundesverband Bildender Künstler (German: Federal Association of Artists)
- Kasane, Botswana - Kasane (Airport Code)
- Bilateral Below Knee Amputation
- Beautiful Bathrooms Kitchens Construction (Spain)
- Bernard B. Kerik Complex (formerly Manhattan Detention Complex, The Tombs; New York Department of Corrections)
- Besse Bolton Kids Club (Palo Alto, CA)
- Better Beginnings for Kingston Children (Kingston, Ontario, Canada)
- Big Band Koninklijk Conservatorium (Dutch: Big Band Royal Conservatory; Netherlands)
- Bauhinia bauhinioides Kallikrein Inhibitor (protein)
- Biographisch-Bibliographisches Kirchenlexikon
- Badan Bimas Ketahanan Pangan (Indonesian food agency)
- Balai Besar Kesehatan Paru Masyarakat (Indonesian: Community Center for Lung Health)
- Beijing Beiqi Kowloon Taxi (Hong Kong)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has teamed up with the British Beekeepers Association to find 25 volunteers who want to learn about having their own urban bee colony and hopefully they can save more than 1.
Tim Lovett, president of the British Beekeepers Association, said: "It is very encouraging to see companies such as Barratt Mercia taking steps to help the bee population .
Despite fears the population of bees was plummeting due to disease and loss of habitat, the British Beekeepers Association has seen an increase in their numbers due to a growing popularity in hobby apiarists.
However, the native bee population is reportedly in a perilous state, declining by 20 per cent last winter alone according to the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA).
The conference, organised by the Permaculture Association, will be supported by Cooperatives UK, the Permaculture Association and the British Beekeepers Association.
Figures from the British Beekeepers Association revealed nearly a fifth of the UK's honeybee colonies died in 2008.
The research funding was welcomed by British Beekeepers Association president Tim Lovett.