Robert Elwall, co-curator and assistant director at the British Architectural Library describes the importance of de Mar: "De Mare's images made a telling contribution to the post-war reassessment of Modernism and greatly broadened the perception of where 'architecture' was to be found.
What does BAL stand for?
BAL stands for British Architectural Library (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAL
We have 122 other meanings of BAL in our Acronym Attic
- Black Americans for Life
- Blood Alcohol Level
- Boeing Australia Limited
- Boite Aux Lettres
- Bornova Anadolu Lisesi (Izmir, Turkey high school)
- Branch and Link (IBM)
- Break A Leg
- Bretagne Armor Lux (French; cycling)
- Brigate Autonome Livornesi (Italian: Autonomous Brigades of Livorno; Livorno, Italy; est. 1999)
- British Anti-Lewisite (dimercaprol; chelating agent)
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage (medical)
- Bronx Academy of Letters (Bronx, New York)
- Bureau d'Action Linguistique (French: Office Action Language; various locations)
- Bus Arbitration Logic
- Business Assembly Language (1970's commercial accounting machines)
- Ballistic Missile
- Best in American Living Awards (residential design)
- Birchwood Area Lakes Association (Wisconsin)
- Broad Area Linear Array
- Business and Liberal Arts (education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this volume, Murray and Osley, both of the British Architectural Library, document the reaction of a variety of people in Britain from the Twenties through the Fifties, to the work and philosophy of Le Corbusier.
RIBA regions, members, personnel and the British Architectural Library Trust fundraising team, we are on the way to achieving our target.