As requested, GAO provides information on this infrastructure, addressing (1) the information that is available on the condition of railroad bridges and tunnels and on their contribution to railroad congestion, (2) the federal role in overseeing railroad bridge and tunnel safety, (3) the current uses of public funds for railroad infrastructure investments, and (4) criteria and a framework for guiding any future federal role in freight infrastructure investments.
What does B&T stand for?
B&T stands for Bridge and Tunnel
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of B&T
- Bureau and Statistical Agent (National Flood Insurance Program)
- Barneby & Sutcliffe Corporation
- Basing and Shipboard Suitability (JSF Program)
- Bacon and Tomato (sandwich)
- Bank and Trust (various companies)
- Big and Tall
- Big and Tasty (McDonald's sandwich)
- Black and Tan
- Bob and Tom (radio personalities)
- Boneham & Turner Ltd (UK engineers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The press release announced that the "still dynamic" Moon would call for "a dramatic appeal to the world community to undertake the most ambitious civil engineering project in history--a 51-mile bridge and tunnel connecting the United States and Russia, physically and symbolically uniting East and West.
In addition, Stangl arranged to have four MTA contract officers knowledgeable in the work planned by the Transit Authority, Metro-North, Long Island Railroad and Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, present at the forum to discuss with Building Congress members the contracts available from these agencies.