The graphs in the report are the product of observations by thousands of ordinary people, and BTO Cymru is on a recruitment drive to encourage more people to participate in the Breeding Bird Survey, run in partnership with the RSPB.
What does BBS stand for?
BBS stands for Breeding Bird Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BBS
We have 335 other meanings of BBS in our Acronym Attic
- Body Bearer School (US Marine Corps)
- Body Building Supplement (drugs)
- Boom Boom Satellites (band)
- Bordeaux Bureaux Services (French: Bordeaux Office Services; Bordeaux, France)
- Botswana Building Society
- Box Bark Strips
- Branch and Bound Search (computer algorithm)
- Brazil Bourbon Santos (coffee)
- Breakbeat Science (record shop, New York)
- Brede Bossche Scholen (Dutch schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Queries of the public bird observation records and Breeding Bird Survey data did not yield any other reliable grouse observations outside the areas of known grouse occurrence.
Britain's annual Breeding Bird Survey (BBS) paints a mixed picture for the fortunes of birds in Wales.
The 2009 UK Breeding Bird Survey (BBS) showed that between 1995 and 2008 cuckoo numbers had fallen by 63 per cent in the region.
Results from the latest Breeding Bird Survey (BBS), revealed today show a 38% drop in the North East curlew population between 1995 and 2008.
Meanwhile, the UK Breeding Bird Survey showed the cuckoo declined by 52% and the tree pipit by 35% between 1994 and 2007.