The breakup time can thus be calculated using Eq 6, provided [[alpha].
What does BUT stand for?
BUT stands for Breakup Time (of lacrimal film; ophthalmology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BUT
We have 24 other meanings of BUT in our Acronym Attic
- Being Under Satan's Yoke
- Building Up Strengths in Youth (Tri-County Network; Pottstown, PA)
- Burdened under Satan's Yoke
- Atlantic Butterfish (FAO fish species code)
- Barbados Union of Teachers
- Basic Unit Training
- Behold the Underlying Truth
- Belly Up Tavern
- Best Use of Technology
- Better Understand Things
- Brno University of Technology (Brno, Czech Republic)
- Build Up Technology
- British United Turkeys of America
- Broxburn and Uphall Traders' Association (UK)
- Bursa Test and Analysis Laboratory (Butal, Turkey)
- Boston University Taiwanese American Students Association
- Baskent Üniversitesi Bilimsel Arastirma Toplulugu (Turkish: Baskent University Scientific Research Group; Ankara, Turkey)
- Building Unity Through Diversity (Waterloo, Belgium)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Hungary)
- British Underwater Test and Evaluation Centre (UK Ministry of Defence)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The reproducible instillation of a consistent volume of fluorescein eliminates tear film disruption and allows for the accurate measurement of fluorescein breakup time -- the most common test used to diagnose various dry eye conditions.
In order to investigate the effect of the magnitude of the initial distortion on the breakup time, we define a dimensionless breakup time [Mathematical Expression Omitted]: [Mathematical Expression Omitted] (4) Calculated values of [Mathematical Expression Omitted] over the whole range of wave numbers (0 [less than] x [less than or equal to] 1) for different values of the initial distortion ([[Alpha].
], of the ratio of breakup time to local residence time and of the probability of coalescence are presented in Fig.