Most of the DVD bonus features are unlikely to bother all but the most curious children, with many of them breaking the fourth wall and revealing how the film is made.
What does BTFW stand for?
BTFW stands for Breaking the Fourth Wall (band)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BTFW
We have 1 other meaning of BTFW in our Acronym Attic
- Black Tennis Foundation of Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Behind the Football Stripes (online NFL officials' digest)
- Bittorrent File System (computing)
- British Thought Field Therapy Association (Lincolnshire, UK)
- Broadcast Trivial File Transfer Protocol
- Blue Team for the Win (gaming)
- Back the Fudge Up (polite form)
- Boiler the Fudge Up (Purdue Boilermakers; polite form)
- Burglary/Theft from Motor Vehicle
- Behind The Firewall
Samples in periodicals archive:
The style owes much to Brecht's epic theatre, making liberal use of satire, multi-role play, selective realism in costumes and props and actors breaking the fourth wall.
Breaking the fourth wall, Lady Marion invites the audience on stage.
Allan Brocka has used the unusual device of breaking the fourth wall to have X speak directly to the audience, who informs us right away that this is a movie and it's about his life--which in turn must be pretty interesting, because, hey, you're watching a movie about it
I was also very impressed that he has no problem with breaking the fourth wall, inserting himself in a manner of speaking, into the strip where need be--very reminiscent of the classic Daffy Duck cartoon Duck Amuck by the late great Chuck Jones.
Later, Alim turns to the audience, breaking the fourth wall, and says that since he's "with you" (the viewer), "tell him I miss him sometimes.
Breaking the fourth wall rids us of all sense of fiction.