based Bread for the World group welcomed the Group of Eight (G8) industrial nations' commitment to contribute US$20 billion over three years to combat global hunger.
What does BFW stand for?
BFW stands for Bread for the World
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BFW
We have 26 other meanings of BFW in our Acronym Attic
- Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin
- Big Fat Whale (web cartoon)
- Binders Full of Women (politics)
- Birthing From Within (Goleta, CA)
- Bleed from Within (band)
- Body Fat Weight (health statistic)
- Boiler Feedwater
- Bond Forfeiture Warrant
- Born For War (gaming clan)
- Brazil Firewall and Router
- Breast Fed Worms (gaming clan)
- Broadband Fixed Wireless
- Broadcast WAVE Format
- Broadstairs Folk Week (UK)
- Built for War
- Bundesforschungs- und Ausbildungszentrum für Wald, Naturgefahren Und Landschaft (Vienna, Austria)
- Bundesverband Freier Immobilien- und Wohnungsunternehmen
- Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Accreditation (Australia)
- Broadband Fixed Wireless Access
- Bakery and Food Workers Amalgamated Union (Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
focuses on sub-Saharan Africa, the Bread for the World Institute argues for a change in this policy.
Pat and her friend Elaine Van Cleave came to hear me talk about Bread for the World at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church.
The president of the Christian anti-hunger group Bread for the World blasted the department's move as an attempt to play down the reality of hunger in the United States.
The second experience was the founding of the Christian citizens' lobby, Bread for the World.