The cupping competition and the Internet auction were conducted in cooperation with the Specialty Coffee Association of America and the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association.
What does BSCA stand for?
BSCA stands for Brazil Specialty Coffee Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BSCA
We have 46 other meanings of BSCA in our Acronym Attic
- Binary Symmetric Channel with A Binary Correction Protocol
- Bachelieres Sciences Appliquees (Bachelor Applied Science)
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration
- Balch Springs Christian Academy (Balch Springs, TX)
- Belgian Sheepdog Club of America, Inc.
- Belgian Street Cruisers Association
- Black Sea Cruising Association
- Board of Service Contract Appeals
- Board of Student Conduct Appeals
- British Schools' Cycling Association
- British Spitfire Class Association
- Brussels South Charleroi Airport
- Building Service Contractors Association International
- Business and Service Career Academy
- Building Services Contractors Association of Australia
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computing (degree)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Origin associations such as the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association, the Colombian Coffee Federation, and those of Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador and Panama, have conducted coffee auctions in an effort to produce a coffee that yields premium or better prices.
Cup of Excellence events have been very successful," says Marcelo Vieira, President of the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association.
Over 100 roasters, mainly from Italy, Germany and Switzerland, but also from Spain, France and Austria, had the opportunity to discuss with a delegates from Brazil, including representatives of the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association (BSCA) and many other people from the coffee business -- for example, agents and coffee consultants.
The "Cup of Excellence" program, initially created by The Brazil Specialty Coffee Association, is a multi-faceted tool that helps the producers of great quality and the committed buyers of that quality find each other.
Intensive Seminars will feature presentations by Eric Woods from USGS on how the GIS/GPS systems has been successfully used for the marketing of other agricultural products; by Judy Ganes-Chase from InterCommercial on expanding e-commerce transactions in coffee trading; by Marcelo Vieira from the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association on the success of the Brazilian international electronic auction; and by Mark Fichtel of the NYBOT on the potential of a "Mini C" contract as a risk management tool for the specialty coffee industry.
For clarification purposes the profits realized by the auction have been allocated as follows: the Gourmet Project (ITC) will be reimbursed for the premium reward money which it was willing to risk and which will be reallocated for other project expenses; the farmer will receive an additional 40% of the proceeds from the sale of his individual lot; the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association will receive 40% to continue the quality work started by the project; and finally, the exporter will receive the extra 20% to compensate him for his effort.
I was asked by the Brazil Specialty Coffee Association to come along on what turned out to be George's fifth visit to Brazil on behalf of the Project.