This assay is based on branched DNA (bDNA) signal amplification technology and enables quantification of p53-like mRNA levels in as few as 2,500 hemocytes, with a coefficient of variation close to 6% (range, 2-12%).
What does bDNA stand for?
bDNA stands for Branched DNA (biochemistry)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of bDNA
We have 1 other meaning of bDNA in our Acronym Attic
- Borland Developer Network
- Briqueteries du Nord (French: North Brickworks)
- Broadband Distribution Network
- Buffered Delta Network
- Bulk Data Network
- Bunker Delivery Note (shipping)
- Business Development Network
- Busy Doing Nothing (band)
- Bangladesh Diploma Nurses Association
- Beclomethasone Dipropionate Nasal Aerosol (medication)
- Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association (Portland, OR)
- Businessmen Democratic National Committee
- Bubble and Drop Nonlinear Dynamics
- Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest (Montana)
- Brain Derived Nerve Factor (aka Brain-Derived Nerve Growth Factor)
- Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor
- British Dermatological Nursing Group
- Ballarat District Nursing and Healthcare (Australia)
- Bank Dagang Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian National Bank Dagang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some of these include branched DNA, hybrid capture, transcription-mediated amplification, cleavase-based assays, home-brew fluorescence in situ hybridization assays (where the DNA of interest is ordered using public genomic databases and fluorescently labeled in house), Invader assay, strand displacement assays and pyrosequencing.
These tests, using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or branched DNA (bDNA) technology, offered a more direct method of measuring the treatment effect on the virus in blood, as well as other tissue compartments, compared to measuring p24 antigen or CD4 cells.
Human immunodeficiency virus RNA was detected using a branched DNA amplification technique as described by Collins et al, (3) except detection was automated on the Ventana Gen II (Ventana Medical Systems).
The guidelines advise considering treatment in these patients if the plasma viral load of HIV RNA rises to 30,000 copies/mL, as measured by the branched DNA test.
These modified branching non-nucleoside bases, which BioGenex refers to as "diverge DNA", avoids the problem of non-specific hybridization that is seen with branched DNA signal amplification and detection.