The researchers focused on a specific type of amino acid known as branched chain amino acids or BCAAs.
What does BCAA stand for?
BCAA stands for Branched Chain Amino Acid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BCAA
We have 58 other meanings of BCAA in our Acronym Attic
- Business Council of Australia (Australia)
- Business Credit Application
- Business Critical Application (VMware)
- CorpBanca SA (stock symbol; Santiago, Chile)
- N-Benzylcyclopropylamine (chemistry)
- Balanda Community Association of Canada
- Belgian Civil Aviation Authority
- Big Country Apartment Association (Abilene, TX)
- Board Certified in Asset Allocation
- Boulder County Arts Alliance (Boulder, CO)
- Branched Chained Amino Acids
- Brick City Artists' Association (Ocala, FL)
- British Columbia Archery Association
- British Columbia Assessment Authority
- British Columbia Automobile Association
- Broward County Athletic Association (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- Buoyant Cable Array Antenna
- Business Cards Across America, Inc
- Butte County Administrators Association
- British Columbia Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5),(6) The branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) may have special utilization in weight loss programs combining exercise with diet.
Branched chain amino acids,or BCAA's for short, help your body recover from exercise and increase the circulation levels of testosterone and growth hormone - the body's main fat busting and muscle building hormones.
The method comprises combining a portion of an AOX promoter linked in operable fashion to a reporter gene to detect nucleic acid sequences of components of the signal transduction pathways between mitochondria function and metabolic status and nuclear gene expression and the signal transduction pathways between branched chain amino acid biosynthetic pathways and nuclear gene expression.
Disorders of branched chain amino acid and keto acid metabolism.
The branched chain amino acids isoleucine, leucine and valine will see the fastest growth based on diversity of applications and greater human requirements.