Yet Eagleton fails to show that the bourgeois bohemians of London, Paris, or New York misjudged what old-style leftists would have called the "objective situation.
What does BOBOS stand for?
BOBOS stands for Bourgeois Bohemians (Bobos in Paradise: the New Upper Class and How They Got There, Author: David Brooks)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Bundesobligationen (German government bonds)
- Bay of Bengal Large Marine Ecosystem (UN project)
- British Oat and Barley Millers Association (UK)
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Blooms of Bressingham North America
- Bigger on Bottom 0 (algebra)
- Billing On Behalf Of (Sprint)
- Bourgeoise Bohemian
- Burnt Out But Opulent (real estate)
- Branch on Burned-Out Indicator (computer code)
- Bay of Bengal Program (UN)
- Bovine Odorant-Binding Protein
- Bay of Bengal Programme Inter-Governmental Organisation (Chennai, India)
- Belgisch Overlegcomité der Bedrijfsrevisoren (Dutch: Belgian Consultative Committee of Auditors)
- Bogie Open Bottom Rapid Discharge (railway wagon)
- Best of the Blogs
- Botswana Bureau of Standards
- Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme (horse racing; New South Wales, Australia)
- Browseable Online Backup System (computing)
- Baardegemse Objectieve Bierproevers Sint Arnoldus (Dutch: St. Arnold Objective Beer Tasters Baardegem; Baardegem, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lindsey's overall argument about Americans becoming bourgeois bohemians founders.
In his new book, "Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There," writer David Brooks identifies a new demographic of consumers: the bourgeois bohemians, or bobos.