This work was commissioned by the Boston Pops Orchestra, and premiered under the baton of pops emissary John Williams.
What does BPO stand for?
BPO stands for Boston Pops Orchestra
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BPO
We have 90 other meanings of BPO in our Acronym Attic
- Benefit Plans Office (Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)
- Benevolent & Protective Order (of Elks of the USA)
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
- Berliner Philaharmoniker Orchestra (Germany)
- Best Possible Outcome
- Blanket Purchase Order
- Blood Program Office (US DoD)
- Bodog Poker Open (tournament)
- Bond Pad Opening
- Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra (Boulder, CO)
- Brisbane Philharmonic Orchestra (Paddington, QLD, Australia)
- British Post Office (British Telephone System)
- Broker Price Opinions
- Broker's Price Opinion (FNMA)
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra
- Bundesparteiobmann (German; Austria, Europe)
- Busch Post Office (Rutgers College)
- Business and Partnership Office (US Navy)
- Business Private Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
com The Boston Pops Orchestra under such legendary conductors as Arthur Fiedler, John Williams, and Keith Lockhart is an American musical icon.
I can imagine that, considering the man lead the Boston Pops Orchestra for something like a half a century.
He has recorded six albums with the Boston Pops Orchestra -- one of which was nominated for a Grammy And he's not bad on the slopes, either.
Prior to being named the twentieth conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra, Lockhart was associate conductor of the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops orchestras and music director of the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra, a title he held from 1992-1999.