In humans, Lyme disease and anaplasmosis caused by infection with the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum, respectively, are the 2 most common tick-borne diseases in the midwestern and northeastern United States, and both are emerging among human and canine populations (12,13).
What does Bbu stand for?
Bbu stands for Borrelia Burgdorferi
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Bbu
We have 27 other meanings of Bbu in our Acronym Attic
- Battlin' Business Units (Dilbert)
- Beam Break Up
- Beefmaster Breeders United (TX, USA)
- Beefmaster Breeders Universal
- Benelux Boxing Union (Netherlands)
- Better Business Unit
- Big, Bad, Ugly (movie)
- Billing Break-Up
- Bimbo Bakeries USA (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Boat Brokers USA (Connecticut)
- Boston Bluegrass Union
- Brendon Boyd Urie (singer of Las Vegas band Panic At The Disco)
- Bucharest, Romania - Baneasa (Airport Code)
- Built Bright University (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Business Banking Unit
- Belgian Blender User Group (Brussels, Belgium)
- BungeeBones Users Group (Maitland, FL)
- Bachelor of Building Surveying
- Balfour Beatty Utilities Ltd. (UK)
- Bumpless Build-Up Layer (CPU packaging technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) asserts that Borrelia burgdorferi (the tick-transmitted spirochete that causes Lyme disease) readily succumbs to antibiotic treatment.
Detection of Borrelia burgdorferi sequences in a biopsy from a Tennessee patient.
A new rapid test for Lyme disease, performed in the doctor's office, can be used as a first-tier assay, thus streamlining the two-tier test currently required by guidelines before a diagnosis of Borrelia burgdorferi can be made.
Borreliosis is caused by the spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi which is transmitted by the deer tick, Ixodes scapularis, to humans and other animals.
she took 100 patients diagnosed with MS and tested their blood for antibodies to the Lyme-causing spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi.
Performance of a commercially available in-clinic ELISA for the detection of antibodies against Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Ehrlichia canis, and Borrelia burgdorferi and Dirofilaria immitis antigen in dogs.