] 242) The story referred to--The Fall of Gondolin--can be found in a much fuller form in The Book of Lost Tales Part II, a collection of Tolkien's unpublished writings edited by his son Christopher and published in 1984.
What does BOLT stand for?
BOLT stands for Book of Lost Tales (Tolkien book)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BOLT
We have 18 other meanings of BOLT in our Acronym Attic
- Bacon, Onion, Lettuce and Tomato (sandwich)
- Based on Life Theater
- Basic Occupational Language Training
- Beam of Light Technologies, Inc.
- Berkeley Organization of Law and Technology
- Bikers of Lesser Tolerance
- Bilateral Orthotopic Lung Transplant
- Blended Operational Lightning Technicians (US Air Force)
- Board of Library Trustees (various locations)
- Bombay Online Trading
- Brigade Operational Legal Team
- Build-Own-Lease-Transfer (public-private development)
- Basic Officer Leadership Training Course (US DoD)
- Better On Lips Than On Paper
- Bored of Lame Tool Reviews
- Border, Orientation, Legend, Title, Scale (maps)
- Box Opener/Loader to Tool Standard (semiconductor)
- Box Opener/Loader-to-Tool Standard Interface (semiconductor industry)
- Baby @ Our Little Universe (parenting forum)
- Bonn Linux User Group (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In similar fashion, she establishes the influence of the play Peter Pan on Tolkien's early "Cottage of Lost Play" and its place in The Book of Lost Tales.
Only in his earliest poems and in the Book of Lost Tales did fairies play an important part.