Washington, December 3 ( ANI ): A Henry Ford Hospital study has found that postmenopausal women suffered significant bone density loss in their hip after they were treated with an epidural steroid injection for back pain relief.
What does BDL stand for?
BDL stands for Bone Density Loss
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BDL
We have 80 other meanings of BDL in our Acronym Attic
- Beach Discharge Lighter
- Bed Down Location
- Begin Degrading Link
- Below Detectable Level (environment)
- Below Detection Limit
- Berkeley Database License
- Best Dressed List
- Bi-Directional Link
- Bile Duct Ligation
- Black Diamond Library (Washington)
- Bord de l'Eau (French publishing company)
- Bourse des Locaux (French: Local Stock Exchange)
- Brigade des Loups (French: Wolf Brigade; airsoft group)
- Bund der Deutschen Landjugend (German: Federation of German Rural Youth)
- Bureau de Liaison (French: Liaison Office)
- Bureau des Longitudes (French standardization institution)
- Burn Design Lab (Vashon Island, WA)
- Business Development Loan
- Business Domain Layer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chemical castration is generally considered reversible when treatment is discontinued, although permanent effects in body chemistry can sometimes be seen, as in the case of bone density loss increasing with lengthy use of medications.
EMEA also wants more research work on the long-term skeletal effects of biophosphonates, drugs which work to stop bone density loss, as well as the long-term effects of immunomodulators, which can boost or weaken the immune system.
And they say there are advantages for mums-to-be who exercise: Less risk of gestational diabetes Less risk of pregnancy-induced hypertension Fewer obstetric interventions A reduction in active labour time Possible reduction in Caesarean section deliveries Increased maternal wellbeing Quicker return to pre-pregnancy figure More pre and post-natal bladder control A reduction in leg cramps and back pain Less bone density loss during lactation.
The company said its drug candidate elagolix met all its goals in a mid-stage safety trial, causing little bone density loss and reducing pain from endometriosis.
Because the T-score is a measure of bone density loss since early adulthood, its use in children whose BMD has yet to peak will always yield a low result," said Drs.