01) in plasma calcium concentration, plasma alkaline phosphatase activity and bone alkaline phosphatase activity with increasing dose rate of phytase (Table 6).
What does BALP stand for?
BALP stands for Bone Alkaline Phosphatase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BALP
We have 3 other meanings of BALP in our Acronym Attic
- Basin Alliance for the Lower Mississippi in Minnesota
- Bay Area Lawyers Network (California)
- Bdellovibrio and Like Organisms
- Brigade Air Liaison Officer
- Bulletin des Annonces Légales et Obligatoires (French)
- Base Logistical Command
- Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation
- Barclays Africa Leadership Programme
- Baseline Bone Alkaline Phosphatase
- Biologically Active Linear Polysaccharides
- Bristol Active Life Project (UK)
- bronchoalveolar lavage fluid
- Bruce Power A Limited Partnership (energy industry; Canada)
- British Airline Pilot's Association
- Balthasar Vd Polweg
- British Association of Leisure Parks, Piers and Attractions (UK)
- Broad Absorption Line Quasi-Stellar Object
- Branch and Link Register (IBM)
- Bay Area Legal Recruitment Association (est. 1985; California)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (various universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The website details research such as a human clinical study that showed TruCal significantly lowers two sensitive bone biomarkers--Urine Helical Peptide (UHP) and Bone Alkaline Phosphatase (BAP).
During a 24-month treatment and followup period, levels of N-terminal telopeptide of type I collagen (NTx) and bone alkaline phosphatase were measured.
Osteocalcin (OC) and bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP), both markers of bone formation, as well as serum type I collagen C-terminal telopeptide ([beta]-CTx), a marker of bone degradation, are used mainly to monitor bone-consuming diseases and antiresorptive therapies (1-9).