During the drive home he started sharing stories about his time with the 91st Bomb Group and being stationed in England.
What does BG(H) stand for?
BG(H) stands for Bomb Group (Heavy) (US Army Air Force and US Air Force unit designation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Burial Grounds
- Bus Grant
- Busch Gardens (amusement park)
- Business Group
- Gas Shrinkage Factor (hydrocarbon physical properties)
- Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Beyond Good & Evil (video game)
- Belton, Grandview & Kansas City Railroad
- Brigadier General (Promotable)
- Battery Ground Short (terminal type)
- Basal ganglial and thalamic
- Below Ground Electronic Equipment Enclosure
- Basal Ganglia to Frontal Cortex
- Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance (gaming)
- Baldur's Gate 2 (computer game)
- Ball Grid Array
- Battle Ground Academy (Franklin, TN)
- Beginner's Guide to Aeronautics (web-based textbook; US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the most part, the 11th Bomb Group supported Admiral Chester Nimitz's island-hopping campaign, which began with the invasion of Tarawa in November 1943.
Like her sister squadrons in the 310th Bomb Group, the 380th was founded by a cadre of Doolittle Raiders.
He was a tall-turret gunner and radio operator with the 490th Bomb Group, a B-17 Flying Fortress unit of the Eighth Air Force, based in England, and was awarded the Purple Heart on February 6, 1945, as a result of enemy action in Strasbourg, France; he also earned an Oak Leaf cluster, an Air Medal, and four battle stars.
A very young Ted Norman pilots an American B-24 bomber of the 448th Bomb Group as part of the Allied effort to win the war in Europe.
39TH BOMB GROUP (VH) (GUAM 1945)--August 10-13, 2006, Branson, Missouri, Contact James W.
Harlan served as an Intelligence Officer and Executive Officer in the 323rd Bomb Group during the European campaigns against the German forces during the bitter years of conflict during World War II.