A specialist bomb disposal unit were called in who X-rayed the device and found it to be safe.
What does BDU stand for?
BDU stands for Bomb Disposal Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BDU
We have 33 other meanings of BDU in our Acronym Attic
- Battery Display Unit
- Battle Dress Uniform
- Battle Dress Utility
- Befehlshaber Der U-Boote (commander-in-chief of the German submarines in WW-II)
- Below-Deck Unit
- Bharathidasan University (India)
- Big Dumb User
- Blood Donor Unit
- Bomb Depleted Uranium
- Bomb Dispenser Unit
- Bomb, Dummy Unit
- Bone Dry Unit (energy science)
- Brain Dead User
- Breath Delivery Unit (ventilators)
- Broadcast Distribution Undertaking
- Buffy Downunder (website)
- Bund Deutscher Unternehmensberater (German: Confederation of German Management Consultants)
- Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer (German: Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators)
- Bundesverbandes Deutscher Unternehmensberater eV
- Bus Data Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The bomb disposal unit was called after an investigation by gardai and took an hour to safely remove the devices for examination.
DyYARBAKIR (CyHAN)- Flights at the main airport in Turkey's southeastern province of Diyarbakyr continued on Thursday despite a call for a brief postponement as bomb disposal units detonated a bomb planted on a bridge at the entrance of Ecarykly village, near the airport's runways.
Dyfed-Powys Police said they were aware of the incident, but that the item was taken away by the Royal Logistics Corp Bomb Disposal Unit from Gloucester.
Police called up bomb disposal unit, which disposed locally made 1 kg explosive bomb.
POLICE and a bomb disposal unit sealed off a road in south Birmingham causing massive traffic disruptions for more than two hours.
A BOMB disposal unit was called to investigate a suspect package outside a Liverpool police station.