He was a northerner through and through, and started his working life as reporter for the Bolton Evening News and, for a while, the News Chronicle before national service in the Royal Navy.
What does BEN stand for?
BEN stands for Bolton Evening News (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BEN
We have 67 other meanings of BEN in our Acronym Attic
- Benghazi Benina International Airport (airport code, Libya)
- Benin (ISO Country code)
- Benson (Amtrak station code; Benson, AZ)
- Bilingual Education Network
- Bio-Electronic Navigator (Treasure Planet)
- BitTorrent Entertainment Network
- Black Employee Network
- Black Environment Network (UK)
- Boeing Education Network (The Boeing Company)
- Bruxelles Environnement News (French: Brussels Environment News; Belgium)
- Business Engine Network
- Business Enterprise Network (Toronto, Canada)
- British Empire Naturalist Association
- Blood Eosinophilic Non Allergic Rhinitis
- Behind Every Name a Story
- Ben Chan (Philippine clothing retailer)
- Biodegradation of Environmental Chemicals Modeled with Aquatic, Relative-Rate Coefficients
- Benchmarking for Embedded Control And Real-Time Applications
- Blue Earth-Nicollet County Humane Society (Rochester, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7 per cent of punters polled in a Bolton Evening News survey wanted Megson as manager.
I am calling on the Department of Social Security to make other arrangements for collecting local temperature information," he told his local newspaper, the Bolton Evening News.
And he fought off strong competition from contenders from The Metro, The Daily Record and The Bolton Evening News.
But it was in the tighter discipline of journalism that Hesketh was first to make an impact, holding the post of women's editor on the Bolton Evening News between 1942 and 1945.