BMI (Body Mass Index) has long been a way to estimate body fat percentage and diagnose obesity without using sophisticated lab equipment.
What does BF% stand for?
BF% stands for Body Fat Percentage
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Bus Fraction (Intel)
- Business Facilitator (Indian banking sector)
- Business Forum
- Business Frame (statistics, New Zealand)
- But First (Hyper Logo command)
- Butterworth Filter
- Buttock Firmer (strength-building exercise)
- Bypass Filter
- Mark Air (airline code)
- Banking, Financing and Securities
- Block Fading Additive White Gaussian Noise
- Belfound Cross Recessed Countersunk Self-Drilling Screw (Suzhou Belfound Metal Products Co.; China)
- Bias-Free Multi-Path Equalization Time Delay Estimator
- biologically false positive serological test for syphilis
- Battle Force/Battle Group
- Battle Fatigue, Neuropsychiatric
- Blade Fold/Wing Stow
- Battlefield: Vietnam (computer game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers deemed body fat percentage above 23 percent in women and above 19 percent in men as higher than desirable and measured fitness based on performance on a 3-minute step test.
Six weeks of supplementation produced statistically significant weight loss and a decrease in body fat percentage.
On the up side, 57 percent of those surveyed were interested in finding out their body fat percentage.
These three components are interrelated with the combination of intense exercise, low calorie intake, and low body fat percentage leading to a loss of menstrual periods and ultimately osteoporosis or bone thinning.
Short-range migrants build up fat percentages in the low twenties, while a few long-distance fliers have been found to have body fat percentages in the forties.
A lot of people are curious to know what their body fat percentage is, and we encourage them to try it," said Paul Jarman, director of merchandise for HealthRider.