There are a few white marlin and big blue marlin within 15 or 20 miles of the island in depths of 1,000 feet or more, and March through August are prime months.
What does BUM stand for?
BUM stands for Blue Marlin (FAO fish species code)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BUM
We have 20 other meanings of BUM in our Acronym Attic
- Berkeley Urdu Language Program in Pakistan
- Boston University Law Review
- Brodsky Uskov Looper Reed & Partners (law firm; Moldova)
- Bullous-Ulcerative Lichen Ruber Planus (dermatosis)
- Birmingham University Labour Students (UK)
- Buller's Shearwater (bird species)
- Billar Ultra Lite Virtual Augmentat
- Bargaining Unit Member
- Baseline Update Memorandum (configuration management)
- Bi Unité Montréal (French; Canadian bisexual association)
- Boot-Up Manager (software)
- Build-Up Multilayer (circuit packaging technology)
- Business Unit Manager
- Business Update Meeting (Intel)
- Butt-Ugly Martians (TV program)
- Bounce Up My Ass (military slang)
- Bloomsburg University Manga and Anime Club (Bloomsburg, PA)
- Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova Anti-Drug Programme
- Bar Underground Music Bunker (venue; the Netherlands)
- Backup Master Control Station (GPS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Throw in a sarong for Blue Marlin Ibiza beach club We're going for lunch at an Ibiza-style beach club," I e-mailed my prospective dining partner last week.
com)-- Team "Double Dog" recorded a new Bahamian record when they reeled in a Blue Marlin weighing 1,119 pounds (507 kg).
Byline: Manama Bahrain-based Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry) has completed work on Blue Marlin, a 76,410-tonne semi-submersible open-deck heavy transport carrier belonging to Dockwise Shipping.
The catch was the first blue marlin of the season on the island.
A WEST Wales fisherman has "caught" a 9ft-long Blue Marlin usually seen off the coast of Florida or the Caribbean.
A GIANT blue marlin has been found in British waters for the first time.