Those were two of Oregon's three blown saves in the first week - there have been six blown saves in all this season - and they would portend a season in which the Ducks have gone 5-12 in one-run games and have lost 11 times in the opponents' final at-bat, including four walkoff losses.
What does BS stand for?
BS stands for Blown Save (baseball)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BS
We have 130 other meanings of BS in our Acronym Attic
- Blister Steel
- Block Sorting
- Block Specification
- Blocked Shot (basketball)
- Blocking Series
- Blood Stained (Everquest)
- Blood Star (Diablo game)
- Blood Sugar
- Bloom Syndrome
- Blowing Snow (weather reports)
- Blue Seed (anime)
- Blue Sky
- Blue Springs (Missouri)
- Bluespec (filename extension)
- Bob Seger
- Body Shopping (bringing in foreign contractors to work for the US companies at lower salaries)
- Bohemia Suburbana (Guatemala rock group)
- Boiler, Steam
- BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing)
- Bolivar(s) (Venezuelan currency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Blown saves are up Jonathan Papelbon's eight blown saves are easily a career-worst for him, but they are not very close to the Red Sox record in that dubious category.
I wanted to make up for the blown saves as early as possible,'' Saito said.
BLOWN SAVES KING OF THE ROAD 2005 WAS ONE FOR THE SKATE HISTORY books.
Worse yet - six of the blown saves have been two-run leads and one a three-run lead.