My blood sugar level is in the normal range (105 to 110, 12 hours fasting), though it has been creeping up in the last few years.
What does BSL stand for?
BSL stands for Blood Sugar Level
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSL
We have 185 other meanings of BSL in our Acronym Attic
- Bharati Shipyard Ltd. (India)
- Billards Services et Loisirs (French: Billiards and Recreation Services)
- Binary Segment Leader
- Biohazard Safety Level
- Biologic Space Labs (Metroid Fusion game)
- Biological Scripting Language
- Biomass Suppliers List (fuel; UK)
- Biosafety Level
- Bird, Stewart, and Lightfoot (chemical engineering book)
- Blood Service Letter (American Red Cross Biomedical Services)
- Blue Screen of Life (Windows NT boot screen)
- Blue Sky Logistics
- Blue Starlight (comic)
- Boost Software License (open source license)
- Bootstrap Loader (microprocessors)
- Bordeaux Saint Louis (French employment agency)
- Boundary Scan Logic (semiconductors)
- Boyne Smelters Limited (QLD, Australia)
- Bra Strap Length (hair length)
- Breed Specific Legislation (dog breeds)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There's a clear relationship between eye, kidney, and nerve problems and a fasting blood sugar level of 126 or higher," says Frank Vinicor, director of the CDC's diabetes program.
These studies have shown that Avandia effectively lowered blood sugar levels of patients by an average of up to 4.
In addition to tennis, I try to speedwalk or jog 20 miles a week, and I've noticed my blood sugar level does not spike on days when I just speedwalk.
Vanadium "Very large doses of vanadyl sulfate, a form of the mineral vanadium, can lower blood sugar levels by mimicking insulin action in people with type 2 diabetes," says the USDA's Hank Lukaski.