Caffeine is a safe and readily available drug and its ability to stabilise the blood brain barrier means it could have an important part to play in therapies against neurological disorders.
What does BBB stand for?
BBB stands for Blood Brain Barrier
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BBB
We have 248 other meanings of BBB in our Acronym Attic
- Biological Basis of Behaviour
- Biologische Bakkers Brigade (Dutch: Organic Bakers Brigade)
- BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) Boot Block
- Biotic Baking Brigade
- Biotraçabilité, Biodétection et Biodiversité (French university degree program)
- Birmingham Bizarre Bazaar (UK fetish market)
- Birmingham Black Barons (Negro-league baseball team)
- Black Blood Brothers (fiction)
- Black Bull Bikes (Guatemala)
- Blackberry Bold (wireless device)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the animals fed caffeine and a cholesterol-enriched diet, the blood brain barrier - which protects the central nervous system - was "significantly" more intact.