Last night gritters were out in force on Merseyside's roads ahead of blizzard warnings.
What does BZW stand for?
BZW stands for Blizzard Warning
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BZW
We have 5 other meanings of BZW in our Acronym Attic
- Buein Zahra Technical University (Iran)
- Benzyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Chloride
- Bahaudin Zakariya University (Multan, Pakistan)
- Birzeit University (Palestine)
- Buta, Zaire (airport code)
- Biochemisch Zuurstof Verbruik (Dutch: Biochemical Oxygen Demand)
- Brazzaville (Republic of Congo)
- Barclays der Zoete Wedd
- Begeleid Zelfstandig Wonen (Dutch: Supervised Independent Living)
- Beziehungsweise (German: Respectively)
- Brabants-Zeeuwse Werkgeversvereniging (Dutch: Brabant-Zeeland Employers Association; Netherlands)
- BZFlag World (file format/extension)
- Bazex Syndrome
- Bizou (French: Kiss; text slang)
- Brunswick Zone X High (bowling ball)
- 100 (Roman numeral)
- Affirmative (logging abbreviation)
- Air Post (philatelic catalog prefix for non-ground stamps)
- Ascorbic Acid (vitamin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for much of eastern North Dakota and for northeastern and east central South Dakota.
Areas south and east of Denver on the plains were under a blizzard warning until 11 pm local time with steady snowfall and high winds forecast throughout the day, the weather service said.
Boston and much of eastern Massachusetts is under a blizzard warning until 1 p.
The snowstorm pushed out of Oklahoma as Christmas Day ended, carrying with it blizzard warnings for parts of Northeast Arkansas, where 10 inches (25cm) of snow was forecast.
The National Weather Service noted that the storm system caused Blizzard Warnings in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.
The National Weather Service on Sunday issued a blizzard warning for the Cascades in eastern Lane County, beginning at 6 p.
Winter weather advisories are for conditions that may be hazardous, but should not become life threatening when using caution; winter storm watches mean that severe winter conditions may affect your area and are issued 12-36 hours in advance of major storms; winter storm warnings mean a storm bringing four or more inches of snow or sleet is expected in the next 12 hours, or six or more inches in 24 hours; blizzard warnings mean snow and strong winds will produce blinding snow, deep drifts, and a life-threatening wind chill.