The black phoebe is a particularly good model of a native specialist colonizing urban environments.
What does BLPH stand for?
BLPH stands for Black Phoebe (Sayornis nigricans, bird species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BLPH
- B Lymphocyte Proliferative Disorder (cell disease)
- B-Cell Lymphoproliferative Disease
- Barrels of Liquid Per Day
- Bluelight Procurement Database (emergency services contracts database)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Byte Level Protocol Decoder (semiconductor industry)
- British Library of Political and Economic Science (London School of Economics; UK)
- British Library of Politics, Economics and Sociology (London School of Economics; England; UK)
- Butterworth Low-Pass Filter
- beta lipotropic Hormone
- Bennett Lumber Products, Inc. (Princeton, ID)
- Bronchial Leukocyte Proteinase Inhibitor
- Big Lake Public Library (Big Lake, AK; Big Lake, MN)
- Basolateral Liver Plasma-Membrane
- Block Level Petri Net (computing)
- Beta-Lactamase Producing Organism
- Belleau Lake Property Owners Association, Inc. (East Wakefield, NH)
- Builders, Labourers, Painters and Plasterers Union (Australia)
- Bilingual Language Proficiency Questionnaire (Spanish-English speech therapy tool)
- Ballistic/Laser Protective Spectacles (military protective eyeware)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the last decade, he's noticed an increase in species such as black phoebes and mockingbirds that are typically found farther to the south.
Braving brusque winds, sprinkling rain and a smattering of snow, about 200 birding enthusiasts fanned out Sunday for the Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count, tallying just how many black phoebes, widgeons and even crows call Eugene home for the holidays.