Over the years she has also been involved with several charities including St Barnabas, African Caribbean Business, The People's Friend Group, Coventry Empowerment Network, Black Mental Health, Women Business Development Agency and the Christ Youth Service.
What does BMH stand for?
BMH stands for Black Mental Health (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BMH
We have 53 other meanings of BMH in our Acronym Attic
- Blue Mountains Gallery and Studio Tours (Australia)
- Bachelor of Management
- Battle Management
- Business Management (various schools)
- Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics (University of Maryland)
- Biological Monitoring Guidance Value (safety measure)
- Busting My Gut with Laughter
- Battle Mountain Gold Exploration Corporation (Reno, NV)
- Base Message Host
- Bibliothèque du Musée de l'Homme (French: Museum of Man Library; National Museum of Natural History; Paris, France)
- Blount Memorial Hospital
- Boston Music Hall (now Boston Symphony Hall)
- Bourguignon Maintenance Hydromécanique (French: Burgundy Hydromechanical Maintenance; Bosc-Roger-sur-Bochy, France)
- Brest Métropole Habitat (French: Brest City Housing; Brest, France)
- Briançon Matériel Hôtelier (French: Briancon Hotel Equipment; Briancon, France)
- Bronson Methodist Hospital (Michigan)
- Bulk Material Handling
- Burt Matthews Hall (University of Waterloo; UK)
- Barrie Minor Hockey Association (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
- Bicycle Mobile Hams of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
And according to The Black Mental Health Alliance for Educational and Consultation, Inc.
Black Mental Health UK (BMH) will use the latest edition of its online The Solution Magazine to give a voice to the experience of children who have been affected by deaths in custody.
The long history of African-Americans succeeding and thriving despite the realities of racism in the United States is at the center of Walker's research on Black mental health and suicide.
For example, he noted, "most of Hurricane Katrina's victims are black, but there are not enough black mental health providers to meet the demand for care.
He is a qualified nurse who has held a range of clinical nurse teaching positions and is also a former chairman of the Coventry Black Mental Health Association.
Black Mental Health UK has criticised the practice following an Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) report that found more than 11,500 people held under the Mental Health Act were detained in a police cell in a year.
The Community Contact Family Centre at Henderson House in Hamstead Road has been launched by COPE, a Black mental health foundation which has been officially opened by Lord Mayor Coun Fred Sharpe.