They have a potential drawback that the decoder complexity grows exponentially with the number of bits per symbol thus limiting the achievable data rates [3, 4].
What does BPS stand for?
BPS stands for Bits Per Symbol (information theory)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPS
We have 343 other meanings of BPS in our Acronym Attic
- Biomass Production System (space station scientific payload; biological research project)
- Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (various universities)
- Biomedical and Physical Sciences
- Biomolecular and Physical Sciences (Australia)
- Biopharmaceutical Sciences
- Biophysical Society (Bethesda, MD)
- Biopsychosocial (model)
- Bird Population Studies
- Birla Public School (India)
- Bits Per Second
- Blackberry Professional Server
- Blackfriars Priory School (AU)
- Blackheath Poetry Society
- Blade Position Synchronization (military aviation; helicopters)
- Bleed to Pressure System
- Blind Phase Synchronization
- Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- Board for Parish Services
- Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties
- Board of Public Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
The upstream limitation has more to do with the battery power required to deliver more bits per symbol as the data rates go up.