Common high-temperature superconducting materials include bismuth strontium calcium copper oxide (BSCCO), lanthium barium copper oxide, yttrium barium copper oxide (YBCO), iron pnictides, and mercury barium calcium copper oxide.
What does BSCCO stand for?
BSCCO stands for Bismuth Strontium Calcium Copper Oxide
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSCCO
We have 1 other meaning of BSCCO in our Acronym Attic
- Bishop State Community College (Alabama)
- Bishop's Stortford Camera Club (est. 1947)
- Board of State and Community Corrections (California)
- Borrego Springs Chamber of Commerce (Borrego Springs, CA)
- Bottom Strongly Connected Component (computing)
- Broken Sound Country Club (Boca Raton, FL)
- Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (est. 2008)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Creative Media (University of Hong Kong)
- Battery Signal Conditioning and Control Module
- Balancing and Settlement Code Company (UK)
- British Saloon Car Club of Canada
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Bachelor of Science In Computer Science
- Bellingham Scottish Country Dancers (Washington)
- British Ski Club for the Disabled (UK)
- British Society for CAL in Dentistry (computer-assisted learning)
- Brothers and Sisters of Charity, Domestic
- British Stock Car Drivers Association
- Belgian Society for Cell and Developmental Biology
- Bradley Shelver Contemporary Dance Theater
Samples in periodicals archive:
The team uses a gas-powered gun to fire lightweight, plastic projectiles at small samples of bismuth strontium calcium copper oxide in powder form.
In this way, they produce a single-crystal film of the superconductor bismuth strontium calcium copper oxide.