53-56) BIRT-HOGG-DUBE SYNDROME Birt-Hogg-Dube (BHD) syndrome is a rare condition inherited in an autosomal-dominant fashion and characterized by unique skin lesions (multiple fibrofolliculomas, trichodiscomas, and acrochordons) and associated internal organ lesions, such as intestinal polyps, renal and lung cysts, and medullary thyroid carcinoma in the original description.
What does BHD stand for?
BHD stands for Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BHD
We have 30 other meanings of BHD in our Acronym Attic
- Black Health Coalition of Wisconsin
- Bachelor Housing Division
- Backhoe Dredger
- Bad Hair Day
- Bahraini Dinar (ISO currency code)
- Behavioral Health Director
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom - Belfast Harbor (Airport Code)
- Berner Hammer Drill
- Black Hawk Down (book and movie)
- Blood Hunger Doctrine (gaming guild)
- Bottom Horizontal Discharge
- Breast Height Diameter (trees)
- Buprénorphine Haut Dosage (French: High Dosage Buprenorphine)
- British Homoeopathic Dental Association (UK)
- Bureau of Health Data Analysis (Missouri)
- Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt (India)
- Berkshire Housing Development Corporation (Pittsfield, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
National Cancer Institute (NCI), NCI Scientists Identify Novel Protein That Ties Disruption of a Critical Cellular Pathway to Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome, Tuesday, October 3, 2006 To read the full text of this article, click here: http://www.