Hall of Famer Willie Mays and four surviving members of the Birmingham Black Barons will receive the Willie Mays Award for outstanding achievement in baseball history.
What does BBB stand for?
BBB stands for Birmingham Black Barons (Negro-league baseball team)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBB
We have 248 other meanings of BBB in our Acronym Attic
- Big Brother Brasil (TV show; Brazil)
- Big Butt Buffet (Christian rap band, Canada)
- Big, the Bad and the Beautiful
- Bikes, Blues and Barbeque (motorcycle rally; est. 2000)
- Biological Basis of Behaviour
- Biologische Bakkers Brigade (Dutch: Organic Bakers Brigade)
- BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) Boot Block
- Biotic Baking Brigade
- Biotraçabilité, Biodétection et Biodiversité (French university degree program)
- Birmingham Bizarre Bazaar (UK fetish market)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, we weren't the only tenants there: the Birmingham Black Barons played there too.
He was a good ball player even when he was in his mid-teens in the Negro Leagues playing with the Birmingham Black Barons.
Throughout the game, public-address announcer Larry Thornhill will read information about the Negro League to the crowd, including a tidbit about a certain 15-year old center fielder for the 1947 Birmingham Black Barons named Willie Mays.
Underwood was sent a contract to play for the Birmingham Black Barons, but he never signed it.