After the decision in Schmeiser, the Canadian Biotechnology Advisory Committee recommended that the Patent Act be amended to clarify the scope of rights related to the patenting of plant genes and cells (Canadian Biotechnology Advisory Committee, "Rationalizing Patent Law in the Age of Biotechnology" (September 2004), online: Canadian Biotechnology Advisory Committee <http://cbac-cccb.
What does BAC stand for?
BAC stands for Biotechnology Advisory Committee
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BAC
We have 499 other meanings of BAC in our Acronym Attic
- Billings Athletic Club
- Binary Asymmetrical Channel
- Bindon Aiming Concept
- Bioethics Advisory Committee
- Biological Activated Carbon
- Biological Activated Cocktail
- Biological Agents of Concern
- BiologicalAgents PC
- Biometric Access Control (security)
- Bioremediation Action Committee (EPA)
- Black Alumni Chapter (various organizations)
- Black Alumni Club (various schools)
- Blackout Arts Collective (grassroots network)
- Block-Acknowledge Counter (ITU-T)
- Blood Alcohol Calculator
- Blood Alcohol Concentration
- Blood Alcohol Content
- Bloomer Amusement Co., Inc.
- Board, Authority, Commission, or Committee (Fairfax County, VA)
- Boating Advisory Council (Florida, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
12) A National Biotechnology Advisory Committee was established in 1983, to advise the minister of state for science and technology on biotechnology.
Recently, that committee midly reprimanded Kit for not consulting biotechnology advisory committees before conducting those tests.