In June 2004, the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), Washington, D.
What does BIOT stand for?
BIOT stands for Biotechnology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BIOT
We have 2 other meanings of BIOT in our Acronym Attic
- Biological Satellite
- biomedical signal processing (open source software library)
- Biometric Signature
- Biometrics and Electronic Signatures (working group)
- Biosciences Information Service
- Binary Input-Output-Symmetric Memoryless (communication channel)
- Biospherical Surface Ocean Reflectance System (Biospherical Instruments Inc.)
- Brunel Institute of Organisation and Social Studies (National School of Government; UK)
- Building Inclusive One-Stop Systems (West Virginia)
- Biological Science Technician
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Blame It on the Alcohol
- Blame It on the Altitude (Colorado bottled water brand)
- Biological Investigations of Terrestrial Antarctic Systems (Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) program; Cambridge, England, UK)
- Best Information on the Net
- Regional Centre for Tropical Biology, Indonesia
- Best Interest of the Service (US Navy discharge)
- Black Input/Output Interface Control Unit
- Blow It Out Your Ass
- Blow It Out Your I/O Port
Samples in periodicals archive:
Growers for Wheat Biotechnology (GWB) has developed a strategy for providing information and education about the benefits of biotechnology for consumers and the wheat industry.
If you asked a group of agriculture professionals what was the top development in biotechnology in 2002, would the answer be a cancer-fighting tomato?
While science critics might have consumers believe the words biotechnology, sustainability, environment and industry together make strange bedfellows, the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) shares with manufacturers and consumers information that shows the worlds can commingle.