5) Unlike culture or other molecular tests, this is a one-step test that can be used at the point of care as a screening or diagnostic tool for TB disease with no need for biosafety cabinets.
What does BSC stand for?
BSC stands for Biosafety Cabinets
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSC
We have 502 other meanings of BSC in our Acronym Attic
- Bio Skincare
- Biofeedback Society of California
- Biological Safety Cabinet
- Biological Specialty Corporation
- Biological Species Concept (evolutionary history)
- Biological Stain Commission (Rochester, NY)
- Biological Survey of Canada
- Biomedical Sciences Corps
- Biomolecular Science Center
- Biophysical Society of China
Samples in periodicals archive:
Purifier[R] Logic[TM] Class II Biosafety Cabinets provide personnel, product and environmental protection and are suitable for work with agents requiring Biosafety level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
Shahana was of the view that we still need to continue our efforts to make sure that all procedures with live agents and toxins are performed inside the biosafety cabinets, no work is done with open vessels on open benches to minimize aerosol generation, use of appropriate disinfectants in cabinet and on other work surfaces, careful pipetting techniques, maintaining hand hygiene, no mouth pipetting, no eating.
Equipment overtly identifiable as potentially hazardous, such as biosafety cabinets and centrifuges, was previously subjected to review on an ad hoc basis.
Exposure and control are achieved through the collection, isolation, and removal of hazardous fumes and noxious odors, utilizing specialized environmental enclosures and/or tools such as localized fume extractors, fume hoods, biosafety cabinets, and/or the air-pressure differential of laboratory spaces.