The biomaterials sector is rapidly expanding and significant advances have been made in the technology of biomedical coatings and materials, which provide a means to improve the wear of joints, change the biological interaction between implant and host and combine the properties of various materials to improve device performance.
What does BIOMED stand for?
BIOMED stands for Biomedical
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BIOMED
- Biometrisches Merkmal (biometrics)
- Biomira Inc. (stock symbol)
- BIOdiversity and huMAN impact in shallow lakes
- Biological Investigations Of Marine Antarctic Systems and Stocks
- Biospherical Mount for Advanced Solar Technologies (Biospherical Instruments Inc.)
- Biogeochemical Information Ordering Management Environment
- Global Biome Model
- Global Biome Model - Biogeochemical Cycle
- Bureau on International Osteopathic Medical Education and Affairs (American Osteopathic Association)
- Biological Medicine
- BIOpolymer Markup Language
- Biospheric Model Validation Study
- Believe It or Not
- Bionic Neuron
- Buddhist Information of North America
- Biodiversity Action Network
- Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information, and Computing Systems (International Conference)
- Believe It or Not I Care
- Biological Electronic
- Biological Chronicle (Lego)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NIH is especially interested in increasing the number of scientists trained to conduct high-quality research that combines insights derived from, and cuts across, different scientific, technical, and biomedical areas.
Biomedical research is generating increasingly complex and voluminous amounts of information.