He talked of the value of the biological species concept, for a stable classification (something today more than ever to be desired, especially due to those workers who want to base their new taxa on molecular findings only).
What does BSC stand for?
BSC stands for Biological Species Concept (evolutionary history)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSC
We have 502 other meanings of BSC in our Acronym Attic
- Binary Symmetric Channel
- Binary Symmetric Channels
- Binary Synchronous Coded
- Binary Synchronous Communication
- Binary Synchronous Control
- Binary-to-Symbol Converter/Conversion
- Bio Skincare
- Biofeedback Society of California
- Biological Safety Cabinet
- Biological Specialty Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
This question helps point out the difficulty with the biological species concept.
Curry* and Paula Smithka, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS 39406 Biological species concepts through the mid-twentieth century usually included one or more criteria of speciation mechanism.