85 Hardcover QH315 This handbook for high school biology teachers stems from the Biological Sciences Curriculum Study (BSCS), a research and development organization established in 1958 to improve the quality of biology education at all levels.
What does BSCS stand for?
BSCS stands for Biological Sciences Curriculum Study
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BSCS
We have 30 other meanings of BSCS in our Acronym Attic
- Big Screen Cleaner Refill (Maxell)
- Birdshot Chorioretinopathy
- Blagnac Sporting Club Rugby (Blagnac, France)
- British Society of Cardiovascular Research
- British Sports Car Restorations (Murrysville, PA)
- British Slot Car Racing Association
- Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium
- Belgian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies (University of Texas at Austin)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Black Sea Coastal States (Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine)
- Bonita Springs Charter School (Florida)
- Bradley Stoke Community School (UK)
- Budapest Semester in Cognitive Science (study abroad program)
- Building Security and Communications Systems (Canada)
- Business Support & Control System
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems Engineering
- Bi-State Celiac Support Group
- Big Sky Carbon Sequestration Partnership (Montana State University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Biological Sciences Curriculum Study, a group founded in 1959, is still operating.
One of the first, largest, and longest-lasting of the post-Sputnik projects was the Biological Sciences Curriculum Study (BSCS) which will celebrate 50 years of leadership in 2008.
The National Science Foundation's Biological Sciences Curriculum Study reintroduced Darwin and evolution into the curriculum and jump-started the creationists into reinventing their beliefs as "creation science" and demanding they be taught side by side with "evolution science.