To offset the weight increase associated with the JCSD, the team replaced the joint biological point detection system with a reconnaissance variant, which consisted of a biological agent warning sensor IV, portal shield purge assembly, and a dry filter unit.
What does BPDS stand for?
BPDS stands for Biological Point Detection System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPDS
We have 12 other meanings of BPDS in our Acronym Attic
- Bhola Participatory Development Program (Bangladesh)
- Break-Point of Double Product (exercise physiology)
- Brookmans Park Dental Practice (est. 1993; UK)
- Butylphenyl Diphenyl Phosphate (microbiology)
- Baron Philippe De Rothschild (wine maker)
- Biological Product Deviation Report (US FDA)
- Borderline Personality Disorder Research Foundation
- Band-Pass Delta-Sigma (modulator)
- Barrel Per Stream Day
- BASIC (Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) Professional Development System (Microsoft)
- Bob Peters Dog Shows
- Business Process Delivery System (Ramco Systems; Lawrenceville, NJ)
- Borderline Personality Disorder Severity Index (psychiatry)
- Band-Pass Delta-Sigma Modulator
- Basic Point Defense Surface Missile System
- Biphenyl-Dithiol (chemistry)
- Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre (Fort Myers, FL)
- Business Process Definition Tool (software)
- Business Process Design Team (UNESCO)
- Bridge Protocol Data Unit (ATMF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
 Joint Biological Point Detection System (JBPDS)--JBPDS provides point detection of biological aerosols.
The Pentagon also plans to continue purchasing the Joint Biological Point Detection System (JBPDS), which can detect biological threats from 20 meters away, and can identify biological weapons agents within 15 minutes after the initial detection, she said.